For its first 50 years, Hiram College did not have a library.
Each of the student literary societies, however, had its own small libraries, usually limited to members only. The closest the College came to a common library was the federal depository collection (established in 1874) housed in the original Hinsdale Hall.
In 1900 a gift from Abram Teachout funded the construction of the Teachout-Cooley Library, a two-story brick and wood structure with a three story tower. The collection consisted of books donated by the literary societies and the depository collection. An addition to the building was constructed in 1923.
The building was largely destroyed by fire in 1939. A new building was erected and expanded in 1948 and again in 1963. At that time, the library was renamed the Teachout-Price Memorial Library.
The current library building opened in 1995. The Hiram College Library provides a link between the old and the new with group study rooms, a variety of individual study spaces, growing collections in both print and digital, a number of computers, and wireless access.